Use safe connections
It is very important for you to access the electronic banking services through secured connections and through a network which will protect you and your transactions from unwanted monitoring.
- Protect your wireless network with at least the WPA2 protocol level (in the case of an older device, WPA)
- Also use other, wide ranging network settings to avoid unauthorized access to your network
- When using the electronic banking services, do not use public computers or any other public devices with access to the internet
- After finishing, always log out from the internet or mobile access to your bank account and close all the browser windows
- Do not download programs into your computer from unknown sources and do not install unknown features to your internet browser (so-called “plug-ins“)
- Be careful when opening attachments of unknown links and do not open e-mails from unknown people
- If you receive an electronic mail or a new window appears on your screen (a so-called “pop-up“ window), where you have to enter your personal details, authorization or financial data, do not respond to the e-mail and do not fill in any data in the open window
- Fraudulent websites expertly copy real pages and have very similar internet addresses. Sometimes it is hard to detect these fraudulent websites. In this case, most internet browsers are able to verify if the address you wrote is the requested website.
- Look for differences, for example an old-fashioned design, grammar or other mistakes
- If you want to get to the internet banking website, write in the address on a keyboard
- Never copy the link from a message, even though it opened in a new window. The attacker is able to make a website which is very similar to the original website of the bank. The link will direct you to another website without realizing it.